Saturday, October 3, 2009

Homemade Pizza Pockets

Like almost every other family in America, we love pizza. :) I've been wanting to try my hand at making Pizza Pockets for some time now, so this week, I finally just put it on the menu. They're very easy to make and everybody loved them.

I started by making my regular pizza dough in my bread machine. (I'll post the recipe for that at the end.) Once it was finished, I divided my dough into pieces and rolled them out flat.

I put some pizza sauce in the center of the dough, then topped it with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. You can just add whatever pizza ingredients your family likes...
I then folded the dough over and sealed it as tightly as I could so that it wouldn't "leak" during baking. I popped it in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or so. The result was probably not the most beautiful pizza pocket you've ever seen, but in this case, it was the taste that counted. :)
I had little bitty scraps of dough left over. While the pockets were in the oven, I squished all the dough scraps together, rolled it out into a circle and made a small pizza. :)
Here's the recipe for the pizza dough in the bread machine if you're interested.

Pizza Dough

  • 1 cup plus 2 TBSP water
  • 2 TBSP olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 tsp yeast

Just use your dough cycle and let the bread machine do most of the work for ya! :)

9 comments:

Conny said...

sounds easy & looks YUMMY!! I did some dough-yeast stuff today too ... you'll see it on my blog when you come over: pretzels :)

DarcyLee said...

I haven't made pizza in awhile, but it's on my menu for next week.Your pockets look easy to make and good to eat!

Sandra said...

We LOVE pizza pockets.

Sandra said...

Yum, looks good.

The Thrifty Countrywoman said...

These would be something different for the lunch box. Pizza's my sons favorite food.

Jane

Samantha said...

Thanks Lori, I needed a good pizza dough recipe !!

ChaChaneen said...

This is great, I am going to try your dough recipe for sure! Thanks for sharing.

timeinabottle said...

This is so odd. I was thinking this morning about making pizza dough and since I haven't made it in years, I realized I had lost the recipe. I just happened to stumble onto you blog page. I am so glad i did.

buy wow account said...

Great! looks good.