Wednesday, June 3, 2009

FREE Future Christian Homemakers Handbook!

Wow, I just learned from Stephanie's site that the Future Christian Homemakers Handbook is available for download FREE now...normally it's $29.95. What a generous offer Laurie is sharing! She even has an idea of how to use this download as a nice gift! Find out more about this HERE and you can download the lessons HERE. The mission of FCH is "teaching girls to become successful homemakers." Now that's a great mission.
Below you'll find just a few of the chapter titles in the FCH handbook:
  • Baking Quick Breads, Science of Leavening: Baking Soda & Baking Powder, Creaming Butter, Recipe Abbreviations

  • All About Eggs, Kitchen Safety, French Toast, Different Ways to Cook Eggs

  • Fruit, Cooking with Cornstarch, Fruit Centerpieces

  • Cake Baking and Cake Decorating

  • Ground Beef Meals, Making Meals Efficiently

  • Casseroles, Food Guide Pyramid, Tablesetting & Manners

There are also chapters on housecleaning, such as: dusting, doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and also a chapter on sewing!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW!! Thanks for posting this Lori. You must be a magnet for deals!!

Lady Farmer said...

Gee Wiz!!! You find the best stuff!!! :~}

Martie said...

Thanks for the heads up - I will check it out.
~Martie

Stephanie said...

Wow I love how eloquently you posted this. Isn't it such a great resource!? I am so excited to do this with my children!

Samantha said...

Will check this out, thanks for sharing !

Algebra Teacher said...

I've been married for 24 years and I think I need this. Never have been able to bake breads or cakes. Thanks for letting us know!

Lynn said...

This is such a super book. Laurie does an awesome job of taking you step by step, teaching you the basics about different areas of cookery. You can definitely tell that she has the gift of teaching. Even though I've been baking/cooking for . . . well, forever :) . . . I still learn from this book. Like I had never made egg salad before. You won't be disappointed with this book. It is super informative.